Brave Search, from the company behind the Brave web browser, is now available globally in a public beta.
The new privacy-preserving search engine can be used on the mobile and desktop versions of the Brave browser, or on any other browser at search.brave.com.
What sets Brave Search apart from competitors are the following seven principles:
- Privacy: no tracking or profiling of users.
- User-first: the user comes first, not the advertising and data industries.
- Independence: Brave has its own search index for answering common queries privately without reliance on other providers.
- Choice: soon, options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported search.
- Transparency: no secret methods or algorithms to bias results, and soon, community-curated open ranking models to ensure diversity and prevent algorithmic biases and outright censorship.
- Seamlessness: integration between the browser and search without compromising privacy, from personalization to instant results as the user types.
- Openness: Brave Search will soon be available to power other search engines.